More than 2000 years ago, a man named Jairus came to Jesus with an urgent request. He said, “My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live.” While Jesus was on the way to the house of Jairus, some men came and said, “Your daughter is dead. Why bother the teacher any more?” Overhearing and ignoring their message, Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” When Jesus arrived at the house, Jesus saw a commotion with mourners crying and wailing loudly. Jesus said, “Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep.” The mourners laughed at him. Jesus entered the child’s room, took her by the hand, and healed her (Mark 5:23-42)~
Jesus gave us the pattern for dealing with the challenges that we face in life:
(1) When we overhear naysayers and negative thinkers reciting their litany of limitations, we are to ignore their message. Don’t listen to people shackled by disbelief who want to drag you down to their level. Nothing good comes from listening to negative thinking;
(2) No matter what happens, we are not to give in to fear. Jesus said that all things are possible to him who believes. Are you going to listen to the voice of fear, or to what Jesus says? All things are possible when you ignore fear’s limiting voice;
(3) We are to believe and place our faith in God who is the source of our life. We must know that all is possible with Him and faith must rule our days. Impossible is not in God’s vocabulary, and it shouldn’t be in yours;
(4) Don’t let the laughter and mocking of unbelievers discourage you or stop you in your tracks. If you do that, you will be listening to the wrong thing. Instead, listen to God’s voice of possibility and love. God has a purpose and plan for your life that is better than anything you can imagine. There is no limit to how good your life can become when you open your heart and mind to the power of his love. Your destiny is to have the last laugh, and that laugh will last for eternity;
(5) Get in agreement with God and let Him work things out. God loves to work miracles in the lives of His children. Ask for a miracle every minute of every day. Jesus said, “Ask, and you will receive.”
Don’t be afraid; only believe!!