“But God . . .” The revelation of the Almighty that makes the course of adversity stop in its tracks as He intervenes and speaks His will:
- “You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive” ~~ (Gen. 50:20).
- “Their beauty shall be consumed in the grave . . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave” ~~ (Ps. 49:14-15).
- “My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” ~~ (Ps. 73:26).
- “For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” ~~ (Rom. 5:7-8).
- “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard . . . the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit” ~~ (1 Cor. 2:9-10).
Whenever you feel discouraged, whenever you feel the weight of the world coming down on you, whenever you feel like you’re going deeper and deeper into a hole – look to the hills from whence your help comes (Ps 121:1) and remember the times when a “but God” intervention happened and be reassured of God’s love and involvement in the lives of those who love Him.
Creator of the universe Who reigns in awesome majesty: How can it be that You’re involved With such a one as me? Who am I that you are mindful of me? (Ps 8:4)